Older Mind Matters Ltd has been commissioned to carry out a service improvement project for Age UK Cheshire looking into older transgender people’s experiences of health and social care (the Trans*age Project). (We’re defining older as over the age of 50!) Some of the questions we’ll be asking trans people and people working in health and social care are:
- What are your experiences of older trans* people accessing health and social care?
- What barriers to care you are aware of, or concerned about?
- What might help to overcome these barriers?
- What you would regard as good practice?
- What good (or bad) experiences have you had?
I’ll attach a poster we’ve made about the project for information (see POSTER v2.pdf), but please get in touch if you want to know more.